- All clients have a fall risk assessment
- All clients have falls care plans as needed
- Safety interventions are implemented as appropriate (low beds if hospital bed is used in home)
Caregiver Prevention efforts may include:
- Check all residents at the beginning of your shift
- Assure all interventions are in place
- staying with clients in bathroom if a risk of. Falling
- attend to client when ever they need assistance
- Always make sure clients ha s on shoes or non- skid socks when walking.
For an Actual Fall:
Stay with client & call for help (911)while assessing them before you move them,in case they fractured something. such as,(arm,leg,hip or trauma to head)
Safety is everyone's responsibility .Use common sense in conjunction with theses basic guidelines to ensure safety for employees & clients.Maintain a high level of safety Awareness and report any unsafe situations immediately so they can be corrected and prevent accidents.
- Pay attention to what you are doing.Be aware of your surroundings to prevent accidents
- Don't Rush
- Wipe up all spills and liquid immediately
- Use proper body mechanics to lift or move clients or heavy objects
- Use a gate belt (a safety device used to assist when transferring or ambulating someone)
- A.ways wear good sturdy shoes(non-skid)
>>Body Mechanics is the way the body works together when you move.Good body mechanics save >>energy,prevent injury,ang allow you to effectively push and lift objects or people.
There are some good rules to lifting and moving:
- Never try to lift something to heavy
- Plan what you are going to do
- Position yourself close to object
- Bend your knees and keek back straight
- Get a good grasp before starting to lift
- Do not twist your back
- Carry objects close
- Get heel from family,ember if needed
- When lifting. With someone else count 1,2,3..where both ate in synch with each other and prevent injury.
- Use appropriate equipment for task(lifters,carts,Dolly's)